Friday, June 16, 2017

Asking a Friend to Review Your Book (A Play)

Act I

Friend: "I really enjoyed your book!"

Author: "Thanks! Would you mind leaving me a review on Amazon? It would help me out a lot."

Friend: "Of course!!!! I'd be happy to. I'm really busy now but I'll get to it in the next couple of weeks."

Act II (Two weeks later)

Author: "Um. I know you're really busy, but you mentioned you'd leave a review on my book. If you could just leave a quick review, that would be awesome."

Friend: "Oh right! Sorry, I totally forgot! I'm really busy but I'll get to it in the next few days for sure."

Author: "You don't have to write anything much. Just like a sentence or two, tops."

Friend: "I promise I'll do it."

Act III (Two weeks later)

[Author is browsing on Facebook and sees 10,000 posts from Friend.]

[Author hovers on post from Friend on Facebook: "So bored today. Nothing to do."]

[Author lets out sigh.]

Act IV (two weeks later)

Author: "Hey, just wondering if you had a chance to write that review.....?"

Friend: [never writes back again]    

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! It's so frustrating when those closest to you can't find the time. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete