Friday, June 16, 2017

Asking a Friend to Review Your Book (A Play)

Act I

Friend: "I really enjoyed your book!"

Author: "Thanks! Would you mind leaving me a review on Amazon? It would help me out a lot."

Friend: "Of course!!!! I'd be happy to. I'm really busy now but I'll get to it in the next couple of weeks."

Act II (Two weeks later)

Author: "Um. I know you're really busy, but you mentioned you'd leave a review on my book. If you could just leave a quick review, that would be awesome."

Friend: "Oh right! Sorry, I totally forgot! I'm really busy but I'll get to it in the next few days for sure."

Author: "You don't have to write anything much. Just like a sentence or two, tops."

Friend: "I promise I'll do it."

Act III (Two weeks later)

[Author is browsing on Facebook and sees 10,000 posts from Friend.]

[Author hovers on post from Friend on Facebook: "So bored today. Nothing to do."]

[Author lets out sigh.]

Act IV (two weeks later)

Author: "Hey, just wondering if you had a chance to write that review.....?"

Friend: [never writes back again]    

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! It's so frustrating when those closest to you can't find the time. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Annbelle - were you that fly on the wall in the story of my life? It took me at least 77 groundhog days before it finally got through my thick skull not to ask friends (or family) to review. *Sigh*
    Good luck with finding motivated, review-writing fans. They rarely cross my path! ;)

    ReplyDelete